Senior Electric Engineer
Doral Renewables LLC (Doral) is a dynamic and entrepreneurial utility-scale renewables and energy storage developer. Doral has an experienced management team with 50+ years of energy project development experience in the US and the strong backing of Doral Group, an international renewables development company traded on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange. With over 13 years’ experience, Doral Group has developed and commissioned over 500 innovative renewables projects including solar, wind and energy storage projects globally. Doral is poised for rapid growth in the critically important renewables sector, and is seeking to add ambitious, team-oriented talent to its ranks.
Doral believes that better decision making comes as a result of having a team with a diversity of backgrounds and experience, and an environment where all feel welcome and empowered. Doral provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications without regard to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, background or abilities.
Doral is seeking an experienced senior electric engineer with experience in working with multiple regional transmission organizations (RTOs) to lead and manage power flow modeling and interconnection queue filings to RTOs new projects.
Preferred candidate would have 5+ years’ or more of relevant experience.
- Act as liaison as needed between Doral LLC and utilities/RTOs, managing communications and submissions for interconnection queue-related processes.
- Preparation of interconnection queue applications.
- Analysis of interconnection scope, timing and costs based on the results of feasibility, system impact, and facility studies, to determine next steps in the interconnection and development project schedule.
- Lead Doral LLC’s interaction with RTOs, as it relates to interconnection of our project portfolio.
- Monitor and analyze pertinent regulatory changes with respect to interconnection processes.
- Work with the development team to help integrate interconnection schedules with the overall project timeline and budget.
- Coordinate any technical requirements with the grid operator of the detailed design of the point of interconnect.
- Demonstrated experience working as an electric engineer with power flow modeling experience, preferably with the TARA software tool.
- Electric Engineer in an energy company working with U.S. RTOs is an advantage, preferably renewable energy.
- Excellent excel skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Flexibility to be both detail-oriented and results-driven, and able to thrive in a cross-functional and fast paced environment.
- Independent, a team player with fast data learning ability.