Project Manager, Renewables Project Management
Doral Renewables LLC is a dynamic, entrepreneurial utility-scale renewables and storage developer. Doral Renewables LLC has an experienced management team with 50+ years of energy project development experience in the US and a joint venture with Doral Group, an international renewables development company with 13+ years’ experience bringing on over 500 innovative renewables projects including solar, wind and energy storage projects. Doral Renewables LLC is poised for rapid growth in the critically important renewables sector, and is seeking to add ambitious, team-oriented talent to its ranks.
Doral Renewables LLC believes that better decision making comes as a result of having a team with a diversity of backgrounds and experience, and an environment where all feel welcome and empowered. Doral Renewables LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications without regard to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, background or abilities.
Doral Renewables LLC is seeking an experienced Project Manager to lead and grow the execution capabilities of the company. As a Project Manager, you will support development efforts and then take leadership of execution once projects enter the construction phase. During earlier project stages, this will entail directly supporting development or overseeing internal and external resources in that effort. In later project stages, this will entail leadership of contracting, procurement and execution functions. This role will focus on utility-scale solar, wind and storage projects.
Seniority/responsibility of the position may vary in accordance with the candidate’s experience and ability. Preferred candidate would have 5+ years’ or more experience and ability to lead growth of the project management department.
- Lead contractor selection, negotiations, and execution of EPC contracts for utility-scale solar, wind and/or storage projects.
- Provide support during development phase for project siting, site layouts, and other engineering-related issues.
- Oversee construction activities for multiple project sites.
- Manage construction permitting activities.
- Ensure contracts adhere to established safety protocols.
- Assist in project financing requirements and accounting efforts during project execution phase.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil or Electrical) or Environmental Science. Master’s Degree in these disciplines is a plus.
- 5+ years of project management experience, preferably in renewables.
- Team player with ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Flexibility to be both detail-oriented and results-driven, and able to thrive in a cross-functional and fast paced environment.
- Ability to lead external consultants as well as multi-disciplined teams of engineers.
- Prior experience negotiating and managing EPC contracts during negotiation and execution phases.
- Able to travel up to 25% of the time.