Doral Renewables LLC (Doral) is a dynamic and entrepreneurial utility-scale renewables and energy storage developer. Doral has an experienced management team with 50+ years of energy project development experience in the US and the strong backing of Doral Group, an international renewables development company traded on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange. With over 13 years’ experience, Doral Group has developed and commissioned over 500 innovative renewables projects including solar, wind and energy storage projects globally. Doral is poised for rapid growth in the critically important renewables sector, and is seeking to add ambitious, team-oriented talent to its ranks.
Doral believes that better decision making comes as a result of having a team with a diversity of backgrounds and experience, and an environment where all feel welcome and empowered. Doral provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications without regard to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, background or abilities.
Doral is seeking a Manager, Engineering to lead all aspects of pre-construction engineering needs. This would include everything from prospecting support in identifying areas with potential for renewables development to handoff to the project management team during construction.
Preferred candidate would have 2+ years’ or more of relevant experience and have prior experience with construction of a renewable energy facility.
Fully remote. Doral has offices in Chicago and Philadelphia for those who prefer an office setting but it is not a requirement for the role.
• Develop conceptual project designs for solar projects as needed.
• Support business development staff by reviewing technical characteristics of new potential solar project developments and providing timely feedback.
• Generate resource assessments for solar projects as needed, and familiarity with review of PVSyst models.
• Engage and manage consultants (primarily Owner’s Engineer) as necessary in the performance of project engineering needs for various projects.
• Conduct internal project due diligence, constructability reviews, and risk assessment for potential project acquisitions.
• Coordinate with the VP of Project Management regarding procurement and contract negotiations.
• Support the development of the plant design criteria and review the technical specification for any engineered equipment (panels, main power transformers, inverters etc).
• Support Finance in technical review of financial models, overseeing all technical modeling inputs.
• Provide any technical feedback, as it pertains to the operational engineering of the plant.
• BS in Engineering or related discipline.
• Prior experience working in engineering or construction management in energy is an advantage, preferably in renewables.
• Strong verbal, written and analytical skills.
• Flexibility to be both detail-oriented and results-driven, and able to thrive in a cross-functional and fast paced environment.
• Independent, a team player with fast data learning ability.