Manager, Business Development
Global Energy Generation LLC (GEG) is a dynamic, entrepreneurial utility-scale renewables and storage developer. GEG has an experienced management team with 50+ years of energy project development experience in the US and a joint venture with Doral Group, an international renewables development company with 13+ years’ experience bringing on over 500 innovative renewables projects including solar, wind and energy storage projects. GEG is poised for rapid growth in the critically important renewables sector, and is seeking to add ambitious, team-oriented talent to its ranks.
GEG believes that better decision making comes as a result of having a team with a diversity of backgrounds and experience, and an environment where all feel welcome and empowered. GEG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications without regard to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, background or abilities.
GEG is seeking a Manager, Business Development, to spearhead new solar, storage and wind development opportunities by identifying potential projects and leading them through the development process until construction. This could include greenfield site prospecting, land acquisition negotiations, permitting, coordination with engineering on site layouts, generation estimates and interconnection queue positions, and engaging the local community.
GEG Renewables is looking to fill several similar roles, positioned either in company offices in Philadelphia or Chicago, with remote work possible.
- Identify sites for potential development of renewables and storage projects.
- Oversee land acquisition efforts either via direct landowner negotiations or managing external land agent resources.
- Manage all aspects of permitting efforts, from initial fatal flaw assessments, permit applications, and public hearing processes.
- Represent GEG with landowners, local/state government officials, consultants and other key stakeholders.
- Work closely with other departments including engineering, finance, legal and operations to proactively identify project risks and maximize project value.
- Generate budgets and schedules and then manage them to meet those goals. This includes acting as project lead internally and overseeing external consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree, business or engineering preferred. An MBA or master’s degree is a plus.
- 2+ years’ work experience in the renewable energy industry preferred.
- Team player with ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Flexibility to be both detail-oriented and results-driven, and able to thrive in a cross-functional and fast paced environment.
- Ability to understand implications of technical details and coordinate effectively across departments.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Able to travel up to 25% of the time.