Finance Associate, Business Development
Global Energy Generation LLC (GEG) is a dynamic, entrepreneurial utility-scale renewables and storage developer. GEG has an experienced management team with 50+ years of energy project development experience in the US and a joint venture with Doral Group, an international renewables development company with 13+ years’ experience bringing on over 500 innovative renewables projects including solar, wind and energy storage projects. GEG is poised for rapid growth in the critically important renewables sector, and is seeking to add ambitious, team-oriented talent to its ranks.
GEG believes that better decision making comes as a result of having a team with a diversity of backgrounds and experience, and an environment where all feel welcome and empowered. GEG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications without regard to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, background or abilities.
GEG is seeking a Finance Associate, Business Development able to support the development of solar, wind and storage projects from the conceptual level through project financing. As a Finance Associate, you will work closely with development to develop siting and operations strategies for greenfield development as well as analysis of potential project acquisitions. As projects progress, you will work closely with all departments to ensure the integrity of economic models and help drive strategy by accurately communicating project risks and opportunities.
Seniority/responsibility of the position may vary in accordance with the candidate’s experience and ability.
- Lead creation of economic models for solar, wind and storage projects, closely working with business development to guide strategy as well as being intimately involved in laterstage financing efforts.
- Understand value drivers for projects, communicate those throughout the organization, and play a fundamental role in helping to shape greenfield and acquisition-led strategies.
- Collaborate with engineering, development, project management, finance, origination and others to ensure accuracy of modeling inputs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Team player with ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Flexibility to be both detail-oriented and results-driven, and able to thrive in a crossfunctional and fast paced environment.
- Comfort in managing complex models in Excel.
- Strong critical thinking skills, with the ability to dig into project assumptions and understand key inputs and risks.