Director, Business Development
Doral Renewables LLC (Doral) is a dynamic and entrepreneurial utility-scale renewables and energy storage developer. Doral has an experienced management team with 50+ years of energy project development experience in the US and the strong backing of Doral Group, an international renewables development company traded on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange. With over 13 years’ experience, Doral Group has developed and commissioned over 500 innovative renewables projects including solar, wind and energy storage projects globally. Doral is poised for rapid growth in the critically important renewables sector, and is seeking to add ambitious, team-oriented talent to its ranks.
Doral believes that better decision making comes as a result of having a team with a diversity of backgrounds and experience, and an environment where all feel welcome and empowered. Doral provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications without regard to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, background or abilities.
Doral is seeking a Director, Business Development, to spearhead new solar, storage and wind development opportunities by identifying potential projects and leading them through the development process until construction.
Doral is looking to fill several similar roles, positioned either in company offices in Philadelphia or Chicago. Remote work also acceptable for candidates outside those geographies.
- Using established screening criteria, identify sites for potential development of renewables and storage projects.
- Work with technical team and consultants to submit interconnection queue requests
- Oversee land acquisition efforts either via direct landowner negotiations or managing external land agent resources.
- Manage all aspects of permitting efforts, from initial fatal flaw assessments, permit applications, and public hearing processes.
- Represent Doral to landowners, local/state government officials, consultants and other key stakeholders.
- Work closely with other departments including engineering, finance, legal and operations to proactively identify project risks, implement solutions, and maximize project value.
- Create and manage budgets and schedules. This includes acting as project lead internally and overseeing external consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree, business or engineering preferred.
- 5+ years’ work experience in the renewable energy industry preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Collaborative – actively engages with colleagues to socialize information and seek feedback on projects.
- Analytical and detail oriented, able to understand different project components and their impact on project budget and schedule.
- Ability to understand implications of technical details and coordinate effectively across departments
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Able to travel up to 25% of the time.