Associate/Manager, Finance and M&A
Doral Renewables LLC is one of the leading developers of renewable energy infrastructure in the United States. Key sponsors in the organization include Migdal Insurance, Doral Group Renewable Energy Resources Ltd (Israel) and management. Migdal is one of the largest insurance and pension companies in the world. Operating hundreds of renewable energy facilities globally, Doral Group (TASE: DORL) was the first company to energize a commercial solar facility in Israel over 13 years ago. The Doral Renewables LLC management team has transactional histories and deep relationships with infrastructure funds, investment banks, tax equity investors and energy industry experts. We have initialized a pipeline of over 5 GW of renewable energy projects in the United States and are continuing to actively grow our pipeline.
The Finance team is seeking an Associate or Manager to support the origination, structuring, negotiation and execution of acquisitions and investments, as well as the financing thereof, for Doral’s existing and future portfolio of energy infrastructure assets. This is a highly visible role within the organization and presents an opportunity to gain significant exposure to the North American energy infrastructure sector in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Principal Responsibilities & Key Results
Essential responsibilities include:
- Work with senior team members to identify and evaluate potential acquisition, development and investment opportunities;
- Develop detailed financial models for M&A and financing transactions;
- Participate in all aspects of due diligence activities, including coordinating with operations, environmental, legal, tax and accounting teams to validate assumptions;
- Assist with the preparation of investment memoranda and presentations for executive management and the Board of Directors;
- Conduct research and analysis to screen and qualify potential M&A and development opportunities;
- Assist with the development of broader strategic initiatives and investment strategies.
Knowledge & Skills
A successful candidate should possess:
- Strong analytical skills, creative problem-solving ability and attention to detail;
- Ability to multitask various projects effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment;
- Strong fundamental understanding of finance, accounting and valuation principles;
- Demonstrated ability and experience developing and managing complex financial models;
- Ability to formulate and articulate viewpoints (written and verbal) in a clear, succinct manner;
- Team-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop collaborative relationships across the organization;
- Driven, self-starter with a passion for excellence;
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to travel;
- Ability to work extended hours.
- Investment banking, private equity, corporate development, corporate finance or management consulting experience;
- BA / BS from an accredited institution in Finance, Economics, Business, Accounting, or a similarly quantitative / analytical field;
- Prior experience with M&A and project finance transactions strongly preferred;
- Experience in energy, infrastructure or commercial real estate is preferred, but not required.
- 3-6 years of investment banking, private equity, corporate development, corporate finance or management consulting experience;